Bloom Into Wellness – 5 Healthful Tips for Spring
Spring has officially kicked off and we sure hope it’s here to stay. It’s such a great time of year to enhance overall health and well-being and renew those New Year’s resolutions that have fallen by the wayside. It’s never too late to start over, friends.
Check out our team’s five best tips to bloom into wellness this spring:
- Spend Time in Nature – Go ahead, breathe in the fresh air and bask in the sunshine. Winter is hard on the body and soul. Spring renews our spirits and nudges us to get out, enjoy nature and get moving. Why not visit a state park for a hike or enjoy a local park with your family?
- Lighten Up Your Plate – Often during the winter we hibernate and indulge in too many comfort food meals. Spring is the perfect time to lighten our plates with lean proteins, fruits and vegetables. Check out our Pinterest board for inspiration!
- Garden into Exercise – Did you know gardening counts as exercise? It ranks up there with other moderate to strenuous forms of exercise, like walking and bicycling. It all depends on what gardening task you are doing and for how long. Like any other form of exercise, you have to be active for at least 30 minutes for there to be a benefit.
- Drink More Water – Spring is a perfect time to dump the soda and choose water. Minimally, you should aim for 64 ounces of water, ideally half your body weight in ounces. Brighten up your water with slices of lemon, lime or orange.
- Sleep More – Recommit to getting enough sleep each night. Depending on the individual, 7-9 hours is recommended. Healthy sleep habits can make a big difference in quality of life, concentration and mood.
We want to hear how you are getting into the groove of wellness this spring! Comment and share your favorite tip.
Interested to learn why American Health & Wellness isn’t your typical insurance broker? Click here to find out how we’re unique in our field, and why employers all over Central Indiana are loving our employee wellness programs!