One-Minute Office Stretches
Even though you are sitting comfortably at a desk throughout the day, your muscles can get tight and sore. Yet, within a minute, you can loosen strains with the following quick and easy desk stretches.
- Lower your ear to your shoulder and then roll your chin onto your chest. Then, roll it up to the other shoulder and back again. Repeat this exercise five times.
- Turn your head and look over your shoulder. Hold this position for five seconds. Repeat this exercise five times for each side.
Hands and Wrists
- Circle your wrists inward and then outward. Repeat this exercise 10 times in each direction.
- Spread your fingers widely and hold this position for five seconds. Repeat this exercise five times.
- Clench your fists, stretch your hands out parallel to the ground and do 10 wrist circles in each direction.
- Extend your arm to the floor and push your fingers with your opposite hand towards your body. Hold this stretch for five seconds and then switch hands.
Upper Back and Shoulders
- Move your arms over your head in a climbing motion. Repeat this exercise 10 times each side.
- Circle your shoulders forward and backward. Repeat this exercise 10 times in each direction.
- Inhale and shrug your shoulders to your ears. Hold for five seconds and release.
- Grab your right elbow with your left hand and stretch your arm across your chest. Hold this position for five seconds and switch to your other arm.
- Stretch your arms around the opposite shoulder blade and give yourself a hug.
- Bend to one side while sitting in your chair. Hold this position for 10 seconds and then repeat on the other side.
- Rotate your body to one side and hold this position for 10 seconds. Then, do the same on the other side.
- Stand up with your hands supporting your lower back. Then, arch your back slightly for five seconds. Repeat three to five more times.
For information on corporate preventive wellness programs, contact us.