Celebrating Indiana Local Fresh 2.0
August 5th – 11th is National Farmers Market Week. The American Health & Wellness Group team couldn’t be more thrilled. We adore local fresh! Additionally, we’re extremely lucky because the Midwest as a whole and our great state of Indiana have an abundance of great local fresh each and every season. Here’s our team’s top picks for delicious local fresh and farm to table in and around Indianapolis:
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Stores. The spirit of a farmers market with the convenience of a neighborhood store offering nutritious and natural foods at affordable prices.
- Broad Ripple Farmers Market in Broad Ripple, Indiana. Bringing fresh and local food to the community from 8 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the summer and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the fall and winter. Shop for fresh fruits, vegetables and meats or enjoy delicious prepared food from fusion tacos to breakfast pizzas to sweet treats.
- The Local Eatery & Pub in Westfield, Indiana. A farm-to-table driven restaurant featuring handcrafted, freshly made artisan foods using all-natural and organic ingredients when available.
- Public Greens Urban Kitchen with a Mission – a farm market inspired urban cafeteria and microfarm located right off the Monon Trail greenway, changing their menu each Friday to offer diners the freshest local ingredients. All profits and crops go to feeding kids via The Patachou Foundation.
- Pure Eatery in Fishers, Fountain Square and Lafayette. Fresh, honest food made from scratch using local vendors where possible and featuring local artisans.
- Carmel Farmers Market Get your fresh on each and every Saturday morning 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at this fabulous local farmer’s market in Carmel, Indiana. No craft items are sold. Only edible products, with the exception of annuals and perennials. Fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, eggs and prepared foods are available.
- Locally Grown Gardens A year-round farm market chef owned and operated located in the Meridian-Kessler neighborhood right on the Monon Trail.
Get out and enjoy this week, and let us know what you think. We can’t wait to hear about your local fresh favorites!